|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
St Helier, Jersey Jersey UK
This Contest 44 is the perfect yacht that can be sailed by a couple in great comfort. She is strongly built to Lloyds hull specifications. An easily handled seagoing yacht capable of crossing oceans swiftly and just as happy making gentle coastal passages. She has been constantly updated by a very experienced husband and wife team who are both members of the Ocean Cruising Club. Her massive inventory include a 4kW generator (2013), water maker, Hydrovane self-steering (2013) along with Raymarine autopilot that was new in 2017. Absolutely totally equipped to cross oceans. Highly detailed pdf file available on request.
|Vessel type:||Sailing Yacht|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Volvo TMD 31L|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||13.40m|
|Length at waterline:||11.65m|
|Hull material:||Glass Fibre|
|Keel type:||Fin Keel|
|Displacement:||16 metric tons|
|Fuel capacity:||340 Litres|
|Water capacity:||620 Litres|
|Holding tank capacity:||50 Litres|
• Volvo TMD-31L 100hp 4-cylinder turbo charged marine diesel engine, professionally serviced annually. Cruising speed approx. 7 knots.
• Reduction gearbox with flexible coupling to shaft.
• Freshwater cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger.
• Oil cooler kit (2010)
• Sepa KWA-50 fuel/water separator.
• Single lever throttle control on steering pedestal
• Engine control panel in cockpit with rev counter, oil pressure, water temperature, engine hours counter and alarms.
• Spare new/unused starter motor (2013)
• GRP vacuum injected hull with laminated transverse and longitudinal reinforcements, engine-foundations and bulkheads laminated to the hull.
• The hull laminate is constructed of GRP resin, chopped strand mat, woven rovings and an extra anti-osmosis resin layer and an insulated end-grain balsa sandwich.
• The hull is finished in standard white Contest gelcoat; painted Awlgrip stripe and waterline.
• Substantial teak rubbing strake with stainless steel rub-strip.
• The deck and superstructure are constructed from GRP vacuum-injected deck with laminated foam profiles. There is solid laminate under all deck fittings.
• The deck and superstructure are finished in standard white Contest gelcoat.
• The hull to deck joint is bolted and then laminated.
• 12mm teak laid decking is fitted to side decks, coachroof, toerail capping, and bathing platform with screws and sealant. The decks were completely re-furbished
and re-caulked in 2016.
• Scoop transom/bathing platform with integral steps.
• Self-draining cockpit with teak slats on the floor and teak seating. Generator installed under the cockpit floor with large access hatch.
• Large V-berth with seat which can be used as an infill to create a comfortable double berth.
• There are Lee-boards underneath the mattresses for use at sea if required.
• Large stowage areas beneath the bunks
• Hanging locker, cupboard and shelves.
• Access to aft heads.
• Door to main saloon
• Jabsco manual marine heads
• Wash basin with pressurised hot and cold water
• Pull-out shower head.
• Teak grating.
• Electric pump-out for shower.
• Cupboards, shelving and mirror.
• U-shaped settee to starboard with stowage underneath, above and outboard.
• Folding teak table on centre line.
• Settee to port with s/s fuel tank beneath.
• Stowage outboard and above.
• Smoke alarm.
• Large forward-facing chart table with chart stowage beneath.
• Plenty of space for navigation instruments.
• AC/DC panel
• Lockers and shelves for pilot books and manuals
• Wet hanging locker aft of seat.
• Linear galley in walk-through to aft cabin.
• L-shaped counter at forward end
• Three stainless steel sinks with Corian covers
• Gimballed gas stove.
• Top opening fridge/freezer
• Front opening 100 litre refrigerator
• 230V microwave
• Significant stowage in lockers, cupboards, drawers and shelves.
• Dedicated mug storage unit.
• Dedicated crockery storage.
• Circular cocktail cabinet for glasses with LED lighting.
• Engine access inboard.
• Large centreline double island bed with split mattress and sprung slatted base.
• Storage beneath bed.
• Hanging locker to starboard.
• Large cupboards with shelving both port and starboard.
• Extensive other storage in lockers, cupboards, and shelves.
• 32” TV.
• Carbon monoxide alarm.
• Jabsco manual marine heads
• Holding tank
• Wash basin with pressurised hot and cold water.
• Separate shower cubicle with electric pump-out.
• Thermostatic hot and cold water supply in the heads.
• Teak gratings.
• Twin s/s sinks with thermostatic hot & cold water supply
• Third s/s basin with pressurised cold water supply
• Separate faucet for pressurised cold carbon filtered water
• GN Espace Levante 3 burner marine gas cooker with oven and grill (2013)
• 230V AC microwave oven (2013)
• Front opening 100 litre Frigonautica 12V DC refrigerator (new compressor 2010)
• Top opening 12V DC deep freeze (can also be used as a fridge) with remote temperature guage.
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher Hydronic 5 12V DC water-based hot-air system with outlets throughout interior (2010).
• 12V DC fans throughout interior
• Opening deckhead hatches throughout plus opening side ports all with blinds and mosquito screens.
• Selden silver-anodised aluminium alloy spars
• Deck-stepped masthead rigged spar with 2 sets of spreaders
• Folding mast steps to top of mast
• Selden rod-kicker with gas ram adjustment (2016)
• Furlex 400S genoa furler (2004)
• Detachable cutter inner forestay for staysail
• Stainless steel standing rigging (2010)
• Manually adjustable backstay
• Fully battened mainsail system with Selden ball bearing batten car system on track
• Lewmar mainsheet system with adjustable track aft of cockpit
• Lewmar Ocean Grey series deck gear with towable genoa cars
• 2 x Selden aluminium alloy spinnaker poles
• Selden aluminium alloy gennaker retractable bowsprit. (2013)
• North sails fully-battened mainsail with three reefs (2007)
• Crusader high clew furling genoa (2016)
• Hanked-on staysail/storm jib
• Kemp Code-zero on Karver KF2TD Large top-down furler (2013)
• Kemp full-radial all-purpose cruising chute to suit above Karver furler (2013)
• I = 17.60m, J = 5.50m, P = 15.62m, E = 4.20m
• Raymarine Evolution Autopilot with p70s control head (2017)
• Raymarine autopilot remote control (can be operated at chart table)
• Raymarine, Wind, Speed, Depth (2015)
• Nav and VMG displays
• Steering compass on binnacle (2018)
• Raymarine C90W chart plotter on binnacle mounting (2013)
• Additional handheld GPS with mounting (2017)
• Hydrovane wind vane self-steering system mounted on transom centre line with control ropes leading back to cockpit (2013)
At chart table:
• Raymarine Axiom Multi Function Display (MFD) (2018)
• Raymarine GPS receiver and AIS receiver/transmitter (2013)
• Raymarine digital radar (2013)
• All above displayed on Axiom MFD.
• Raytheon multi function instrument display
• Clock and Barometer
• Electronic hand-bearing compass
• Iridium Pilot satellite telephone system with 2 x telephone handsets (2013)
• SailMail ‘RedBox’ WiFi router
• Icom IC-M710 HF/MF SSB transceiver with insulated backstay antenna and copper earth plate.
• P4 Dragon DR-7400 Pactor Modem with Bluetooth and leads to connect to IC-M710.
• Raymarine VHF with DSC (2015)
• Icom handheld VHF with docking station/charger.
• McMurdo 406Mhz EPIRB (2017)
• 4-man Seago canister liferaft stowed on deck (serviced 2019)
• 2 x horseshoe buoys with lights
• Offshore danbuoy with light
• Throwing ring with floating line
• Horseshow lifebuoy man overboard system mounted on pushpit
• Flares in cannister
• 9” Echomax enclosed radar reflector on mast mount
Firefighting equipment (all new 2013):
• Fire extinguishers throughout
• Fire blanket in galley