OTTO is a 57ft traditional stern narrow boat built by Evans & Sons (Mike Haywood) in 2000. Recently blacked in July 2023.
We've absolutely loved living on Otto for the last 5+ years, she has been well loved and looked after and is ready to live aboard. Otto is beautiful inside & out! We continuously cruised very comfortably on Otto for 4.5 years and have recently been on a CRT permanent mooring. The mooring is non transferable but will be shortly on auction if new owners are interested in staying on the mooring.
Interior has a reverse layout and a spacious, open plan design. Otto is well set up to continuously cruise very comfortably with a large battery bank and a large solar panel to keep everything well charged year round. The water tank & pump out tank are large offering flexibility whilst continuous cruising.
Fridge is 12V marine appliance with very low current draw, works efficiently even in cloudy weather.
Technical Details/ Equipment
- Engine is a Betamarine Greenline 1505, 38 horse power. Fully serviced regularly and runs perfectly.
- Alternator fitted to engine for quick battery charging
- Bank of 4 x T-105 Trojan 6 Volt 185 amp/hrs Deep Cycle Batteries (best money can buy!)
- Inlander 12V Retro Fridge Freezer (runs off 1.12 amp/hrs, very energy efficient) – pretty in sage green
- 400w of solar panel
- Mastervolt Mass Combi inverter 2.5kw
- Morso Squirrel solid fuel stove 1410- the best stove!
- Calorifier to heat hot water (this is done by running engine for 20-30 mins)
- Stainless steel water tank (lasts 3-4 weeks for 2 people)
- New World Gas Cooker & Oven (we will miss it!)
- Sealand traveller fine China toilet
- Pump out toilet tank (lasts approx 3-4 weeks for 2 people)
- Jabsco 12V Impeller pump (new from 2023)
- Jabsco 12V water system pump
Interiors/ Accommodation Details:
- spacious living room/ dining and kitchen area
- bathroom with shower and storage under sink
- one double bedroom with plenty of storage
- white walls throughout with a teak trim
- teak and brass lights which give off warm light
- Oak kitchen top and a Belfast sink.
- Solid 18mm thick oak flooring throughout
- Side hatch (perfect for feeding duck neighbours & looking out over canal with coffee)
- Seating area at the front with a large roof box garden, perfect for summer evenings
- blacked at St Pancras Dry Dock in July 2023
Otto was surveyed at Enfield Dry Dock when we purchased, happy to pass this on to new owners. Otto’s engine has been regularly serviced by qualified diesel engineers.
We’ve had some of the happiest years aboard Otto and am sure next people on Otto will make equally happy memories :)
|Designer:||Evans & Sons|
|Builder:||Evans & Sons|
|Make:||Evans & Sons|
|Engine model:||Betamarine Greenline 1505|
|Length over all:||57'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.