|£134,950 Per Vessel ||
Glascote Basin, Tamworth Staffordshire UK|
|Website:||Open website in new window|
Easton May is a narrowboat that has been built to the highest standard, with an impressive specification. Easton May was built bespoke for its present owners in 2012 by Norton Canes Boatbuilders and fitted out by Glynn Walker of Norton Canes Boatbuilders.
Lying: Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal
For further information or to arrange a viewing please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 01827 311 317
Easton May has been immaculately maintained and at £149,950 there is the opportunity to purchase a relatively new boat, with an impressive specification and an even more impressive pedigree. Easton May is a boat that needs to be viewed to appreciate the sheer quality of the craft.
Overall Length: 70’0”
Plating: 10 / 6 / 5
Well Deck: 5’0”
Easton May has cratch covered well deck with locker seating / storage. There is a locker in the front bulkhead that gives additional storage and access to the bow thruster.
Steps lead down from the well deck through double doors into the saloon of Easton May, the doors are lined with wood and have glazed panels. The saloon has units on the starboard side, a cupboard, TV cabinet and bookshelves. The area is heated by a Bubble solid fuel corner stove, which is on a tiled hearth. The saloon gives an extra two berths with a large sofa bed. The saloon has side doors on both the port and starboard side of the boat, the side doors have double glazed units so can be left permanently open for additional light.
The galley has units on both the port and starboard side. The work surfaces are solid granite. The galley is equipped with a 4-ring hob, eye level fan oven and grill, a dishwasher, a 240v fridge and 240v undercounter freezer. The galley has port side doors with double glazed inserts.
Easton May has a pullman dinette that converts to an additional double berth, the seats have built in storage and there is a starboard side opening hatch with double glazed insert.
The bathroom is a walk through bathroom, the shower is a 800mm quadrant tiled shower unit with sliding doors, the basin is a ceramic and is set into a vanity unit and the toilet is a SaniMarin macerator.
The bedroom has a double cross bed. Full heigh wardrobe, bedside cabinets, and cupboards above the bed. There is also a stereo system in the bedroom.
Utility / 2nd Toilet 6’0”
Easton May has a very useful utility area towards the stern of the boat, this area houses the combination washer and dryer, the Bubble pressure jet diesel central heating boiler, the 7kVa Beta 4-pole generator, the 850A Rolls battery bank and there is also a second toilet, which is a Dometic vacuum cassette.
Engine Room: 4’4”
The engine room houses a Beta 43 engine with a PRM 150 gearbox, the engine is in a sound deadened box. The engine room also houses the boats electrical system.
Head Room: 6’4”
• Grit blasted and 2-pack epoxy blacked from new, last re-applied in 2020.
• 4 x magnesium anodes
• Full re-paint in 2020 by Canal Transport Services of Norton Canes.
• Engine serviced at regular intervals
Heating and Water
• Bladder water tank located under well deck with large capacity
• Bubble diesel pressure jet central heating boiler
• Twin coil calorifier with 3kW immersion heater
• Water heated by immersion, engine, generator, and heating
• Bubble corner solid fuel stove
• 3 x 13kg gas bottles in bow locker with auto change over and leak detector
• 24v 850AH Battery Bank 4No. Rolls 6v Cells
• 12v starter battery
• Victron 5kW Inverter / Charger
• Sterling 3kW Pure Back up Inverter / Charger
• Isolation Transformer
• Self seeking satellite dish
• 2 x car radios
• Intercom system
• Built in safe
• Beta Marine 43 diesel engine
• PRM 150 gearbox
• 3 Integral fuel tanks with antitheft filler cap (Engine, heating, generator)
• Beta Marine 7 kVA keel cooled 4-pole generator
• BCS bow thruster
Fit out Materials
• Sprayfoam insulation
• Blue brick ballast
• Fit out in Ash and American white oak.
• Brass double glazed portholes
• Cratch covers well deck
• 4 x Glazed pigeon boxes
• Full traditional paint scheme, traditional decoration by Dave Moore.
Ropes, fenders, windlasses, piling irons, mooring pins, poles, etc.
|Length over all:||70'|
Norton Canes Boat Services Ltd are professional brokers and are full accredited members of:
BMF - British Marine Federation
BRBA - Boat Retailers and Brokers Association
Norton Canes Boat Services Ltd are acting as brokers and no guarantees are expressed or implied.
While every effort is made to ensure that the listing descriptions are accurate an independent survey is always advised.
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.