|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal Staffordshire UK
|Website:||Open website in new window|
Railay is a high specification 70ft Traditional Narrowboat which was built in 2006 by Norton Canes Boatbuilders.
Lying: Glascote Basin, Coventry Canal
For further information or to arrange a viewing please e-mail email@example.com or call Sarah on 01827 311 317
Railay was built as a liveaboard narrowboat and this has been taken to account in every detail, with the use of space and the boat electrical systems, which mean the boat is able to function happily without mains hook up for extended periods.
Overall Length: 70’0”
Plating: 10 / 6 / 5
Well Deck: 5’0”
Railay has a well deck, which is covered by a cratch cover, and steps from the well deck lead down into the saloon.
The saloon is an open layout with space for freestanding furniture. The area is heated by a Morso squirrel solid fuel stove. Starboard side doors open into the saloon.
The galley has units on both the port and starboard side. The work surfaces are solid oak with ceramic wall times. The galley is equipped with a Baumatic 4-ring hob, oven and grill, a Nef combi fan assisted oven and grill, there is a Bosch integrated 240v fridge and freezer. There are port side doors that provide access into the galley, a section of worktop can be removed so you can step into the galley, again maximising the use of space.
The bedroom has a fixed double bed on the starboard side of the boat and there is a utility cupboard that houses the washing machine.
The bathroom is located off a portside corridor, when both doors are opened fully the bathroom takes up the whole width of the boat. The bathroom has a 900x900 tiled quadrant shower unit with a thermostatically controller mixer. The basin is ceramic and sits on a vanity unit and the toilet is a porta potti, but previously fitted was a vacuflush ceramic toilet with a 100 gal tank, the tank is still there so this could be re-instated.
Engine Room: 5’0”
The engine room houses a Lister HRW3 coupled with a PRM260. The engine dates from 1980’s, but had never been fitted in a boat before it was fitted in Railay from new.
To the stern of the boat is a workshop with bench seating and large desk space, which is ideal for use as a craft space of office. There is also full height wardrobe unit on the starboard side.
Head Room: 6’4”
• Hull and superstructure grit blasted when new
• Last blacked in 2018
• 4 x magnesium anodes
Heating and Water
• Celmar food-grade polypropylene 150gal water tank
• Webasto diesel boiler feeds 4 radiators
• Immersion heater, Webasto and engine feed twin coil calorifier
• Morso squirrel solid fuel stove
• 3 x 13kg gas bottles in bow locker with dual auto changeover
• Single 24v 75A alternator with split charger
• 2 x 100Ah starter batteries
• 4 x 110Ah domestic batteries
• Mastervolt 3kW Inverter
• Mastervolt 75A 24v Charger
• LED ceiling mounted spot lighting throughout
• 3 x 185w solar panels to cabin top controlled by MPPT controllers
• Lister HRW3
• PRM 260 gearbox with 2:1 reduction
• Integral 400 litre fuel tank
• Engine serviced at regular intervals
• Morse control
Fit out Materials
• Sprayfoam insulation
• Blue brick ballast
• Fit out in bamboo with painted ply panels
• Bamboo flooring and quarry tiles in galley
• Double glazed windows with hoppers and solid brass port holes
Traditional stern with traditional coach painted paintwork by Norton Canes.
|Length over all:||70'|
Norton Canes Boat Services Ltd are acting as brokers and no guarantees are expressed or implied.
While every effort is made to ensure that the listing descriptions are accurate an independent survey is always advised.
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.